Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday ramblings

Tuesday, already! If I'm not careful this week will slip away like the last one.

I think I'm going to do red and white for the Stars quilt-along. I haven't started yet because I haven't made it to the quilt shop for fabric. How dare she be closed on Monday! Just kidding. I don't blame her a bit. I'd be closed on Monday if I could.

I don't have a lot planned for this week. I have my first final on Friday and need to concentrate on that. Then it's going to be excavation time around here so I can get this pit cleaned for company. I wonder where I can rent a dumpster.

DH got started painting the patio furniture. It sure needed it. We inherited this from his folks. I have no idea how long they had it, but we've had it forever. Originally it was a buttery yellow color and I really liked how it looked against my white house with grey trim. Sadly we can't find buttery yellow paint and so we're going with almond.

Before
After
He's got six pieces painted and three more to go. The cashiers are beginning to look at us funny with all of our paint purchases.

4 comments:

sweetiepie said...

I have been having fun reading your blog. I love your quilt and I can't wait to try the hash brown casserole. I plan to visit often. Joyce in Iowa

Saska said...

I have those same chairs...and a table....and a baker's rack that all match. Mine need painted too.

SchnauzerMom said...

There's a guy in my town, we call him Crazy Larry. He gets high on spray paint. Of course he gets paint all over his face. As long as you keep it off your face they'll never know. Just kidding!

Aunt Jo said...

Sweetiepie, thank you for the sweet comment and for visiting.

mama koch, I hadn't seen the baker's rack. We have a tea cart. Our table/chairs are a different pattern than the chairs/settee/table on the porch.

schnauzermom, how sad. Of course the drift from overspray is bad enough. We've been doing lots of scrubbing.