Saturday, April 19, 2008

Slow and easy Saturday

DH got up this morning and left at the crack-of-dawn to go fishing with a buddy. I woke up at crack-of-dawn thirty wondering where my husband was. I had forgotten and unfortunately by the time I remembered, I was wide awake.

I got up and putzed around for a bit and finally called my mom to see if she wanted to go to garage sales with me. She agreed and we got around and were out the door by 7 am.

After a leisurely breakfast, we hit the first garage sale and found nothing. Absolutely nothing. It wasn't until our fifth garage sale that either of us was tempted by a single thing.

I found this old bowl for 2 bucks. It's not particularly valuable or anything, but I like it and I'm the one that lives with it.

We tootled around and finished the garage sales by 9 AM, went to the greenhouse and decided to try Statuary World for bedding plants. Well, if we're going there we might as well go to Hancock Fabrics too. See how these things get out of hand.

I must be coming down with something. I just wasn't tempted by much today. LOL. I picked up a set of fat quarters, a triangle ruler, and this book.
Statuary World was a bust. They've been picked over pretty well. We came home and went back to the greenhouse and Mom got what she needed and bought me a couple of six-packs of Zinnias for the Mum bed.

Now I'm ready for a nap. My old eyelids sure are heavy. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday and enjoying the nice weather.

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Sounds like you had a good time!