Monday, April 7, 2008

A Rose for Monday


I ran across a set of dish towels my granny embroidered. Somehow I'm missing Wednesday.

It's cloudy and cool here today. The kind of weather that makes you want to curl up with a couple of cats, a blanket, and a good book. Unfortunately, I have class off and on all day and so snuggling with the cats will have to be postponed.

If you want to join Apronista, send me an email and I'll invite you or you can try here.

DH took my dressform and fixed her base. One day during the move from the guest room to the sewing room I shut the door a little too hard and she fell off her base. We knew it was only a matter of time before she'd have to be re-welded and I guess that was the day. It was quite comical to watch him trying to wrestle with her on the floor of the garage while trying to weld. He won the wrestling match and now she's back to being upright again.

Now that she's fixed, I dressed her in aprons and we had a photo shoot. She's a tempermental model though. I'd ask her to stand still and darned if she wouldn't turn just a little to the left or right.

Find more photos like this on The Apronista

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you should of gotten a photo of hubby hugging it! The new banner looks good, so April!

Beemoosie said...

Your aprons are beautiful!!! I love grandma's dishtowels too!!!

Thank you ever so much for my pillow!!! I will treasure it!!

SchnauzerMom said...

Those dishtowels are so pretty. My mom made some like that years ago. They're long gone though.

Aunt Jo said...

Sue! That would have been a great picture. I wish I'd thought of it at the time.

Beemoosie, thanks for the sweet compliments. Enjoy your pillow.

Schnauzermom, I had forgotten those towels. I wonder what happened to Wednesday?

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh how pretty! Those dish towels are a treasure.

Blessings, Lea

Karin said...

Love embroidered dish towels!~~~ they're especially lovely when you know they've made by a relative.