Monday, April 21, 2008

Amazing Monday

Monday's towel. I just love the little duck doing her thing, rain or shine.

I woke up this morning with an "Ick! Monday" attitude. Shame on me.
I ventured out to the laundry room to gather the last load and saw a flock of birds land in the tree. I grabbed the binoculars and was dumb-struck to see approximately 50 Cedar Waxwings. The light wasn't picture friendly so you'll have to take my word for it. I was nearly late to class because I couldn't tear myself away from the backyard.

Then, as I'm walking to the car I spy something that wasn't there yesterday.
I've bemoaned my poor irises and how they haven't bloomed since I transplanted them off the side of the road. This morning I have a pretty white iris which I would swear wasn't anywhere near ready to bloom yesterday. I've got either a purple or blue that's showing color and will bloom soon. Another, color not yet know, has also sprouted up seemingly overnight. Again, I'm amazed.
I snapped this little fellow on the way to school. I never see these in town. I imagine there are too many cats for them to hang around in town.

God gently showed me that this is not at all an icky Monday. Today is a blessing, just like every day. We only need to open our hearts and minds to see the amazing things and appreciate them.

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a great Monday you've had. I haven't stuck my nose out of the house all day.

I'm so envious of your cedar waxwing visit. They're beautiful - at least in pictures. I hope to see a real one some day.

Good luck with finals!

SchnauzerMom said...

Great photos! That iris is beautiful!

Danetta said...

What a great way to brighten up any day.