Friday, April 11, 2008

A Poppy for Friday

We're nearly to the end of this set of dishtowels. Looking at them, feeling them, and smelling them have all brought back fond memories of my granny. I miss her so much.

I got most of project #1 done yesterday and when I started making stupid mistakes moved on to little project #2. It shouldn't take but a couple of hours to finish up project #1 and I'm getting after it this afternoon. Project #2 doesn't have a timeline and so when I get to it, I get to it.

3 comments:

Danetta said...

I just love seeing thes dish towels. Every time I see one of them I actually think I can smell my little granny's kitchen. I really miss mine too.

Aunt Jo said...

Isn't it funny how something like a dish towel can bring back a flood of memories.

Danetta said...

It's funny that you mentioned the black and green yarn. That is the first thing I decided to make something with! I pulled it from the box and put it and a set of needles in the drawer so I can work on it in the evenings at work. I figure it will keep somebody warm this winter. I have a mission to make scarfs and hats to hand out to people with none so this is perfect to use for this purpose.

You did good girl!