Thursday, April 10, 2008

Super easy dinner


I'm not sure what this is called and I can't even remember where I got the recipe. I do know we all like it and it's super easy to fix which is good because dinner time snuck up on me today.

Ingredients:
2 ready-made pie crust or be brave and make your own (I used the rolled up kind)
about a pound of chicken tenders
a couple of packages of Spanish rice
grated cheese

Prepare the Spanish rice according to directions and set aside to cool.

I season my chicken with season salt and cook in a dry fry pan until done and slightly brown and set aside to cool. Once it's cool enough to handle I throw it in the food processor and chop the heck out of it.

Mix the chicken, rice, and cheese together. Take the pie shells and unroll them onto a cookie sheet. Put the chicken and rice mixture on half of the pie shell. Fold the pie shell over to cover and crimp the edges. Repeat with the other pie shell and filling.

Bake at 350 until the pie crust is brown. Cut into quarters and enjoy.

I always have filling left over and DH eats it for breakfast with toast. As with most things, this is even better the next day.

If you try it let me know how you liked it.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Oooo that looks and sounds very good and easy. I think I can make it gluten free too!

Aunt Jo said...

Let me know how it turns out if you try it gluten free.