Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday


It's time for Thankful Thursday. Julie has bowed out of hosting and directed us to Sting My Heart. I liked Julie's small group and so probably won't join a larger group.

This Thursday I'm grateful I'm not in politics and do not hold a public office.

I'm sure most everyone has heard about our Sheriff's scandal by now. My heart aches for his family and I've lost a little faith in those chosen to serve and protect.

Can you imagine being a politician? I can't. To have every word, action, and expression scrutinized would be horrible.

So on this Thursday, I'm thankful I'm a small-town-nobody-of-any-importance.

3 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

Aunt Jo
I am in aussieland so I dont know what happened with your Sheriff.. but just remember it only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel!
I am happy to live in my small town nobody cares what I do town too..

take care
Lissa

SchnauzerMom said...

I can't imagine wanting to be in politics. I live in a med/large town where I'm not noticed much either. Like it that way.

Annie said...

I've actually considered running, most recently for county commissioner. Our current one ran on the platform of "fix the roads." The roads that he fixed are in worse shape than they were before he fixed them!

Unfortunately, someone would dig up the crazy things I did when I was a teenager, and, well, we won't go there! 8D