Saturday, March 28, 2009

We've been doing...stuff

Where were we? Oh yes, grumping about the weather.

I'm proud to say we did indeed get snow and even prouder that it stayed outside and didn't come in the house.

Thursday night DH helped me by sistering boards that needed it. We also finished insulating and changed out all of my plugs and switches. Previous owners had painted over plugs and half of them wouldn't work. Silly people. DH also hooked the thermostat back up so we could have heat. What a dear man.

Friday was a bust. I think there's only so much dirt, plaster dust, and insulation a person can breathe in before it catches up with them. That's where I was Friday. I felt lousy and didn't do a blamed thing.

Saturday we finished with the vapor barrier, cut down the fireplace a little bit, and hauled some of the stuff out of the living room so we can work.

That brings us to today. We've been to Lowe's to return insulation and pick up sheet rock. DH has been in the attic trying to figure out the saggy ceiling in the living room, but hasn't come to any conclusions. I thinks it's because it's 79 years old and well, at 79 I plan on sagging a bit too. Why would I expect any more from a piece of lumber?

Tomorrow I'm taking out the rest of the baseboards and door trim so we can get ready to hang sheet rock.

I hope everyone is having a glorious day.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Whew! I get tired just reading all that you and your husband are accomplishing. I cannot wait to see the finished pics. I know it is going to look so beautiful! Alas, I don't need to wait until 79 to sag. It is already hitting me 30 years sooner than that! LOL

Unknown said...

You needed a breather! lol

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm sure you did need a day off, you've been doing a lot of work.