Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dirty four-letter word

Stinking weather. They're predicting snow later this week and the only thing between me and the snow is a bunch of boards and the exterior siding. I've been busting my butt trying to get insulation up so I can use the heater if we need it. I refuse to heat the outside.

Monday we had a very loud, but much needed, thunder storm. I couldn't tell you how much rain we got because the new rain gauge is laying here next to the computer. It'll be handy if I get a sudden down pour in the office. We also celebrated our anniversary although celebrating was a stretch. DH ended up working from 1-4 AM on a lightening-struck well and nobody got much sleep.

Tuesday morning bright and early Mom and I ran to Lowe's and picked up insulation. Poor Mom had to ride home with a bag in her lap. One of these days she's going to disown me.

Anyway, here's where we are now. This is the dining room. The blank spots have been filled in and a vapor barrier installed. Mom helped until nearly 10:00 last night and I wouldn't have gotten this far without her help. Thanks Mom!Now I'm working in the living room and it's going to take forever.

We have some 2 x 4's that need sistered because of old termite damage and DH wants to work on re-routing his cable wire.I bought myself a new friend and Stanley and I are loving each other. I'd never get this done without him. He's been a big help with the insulation and vapor barrier. I'm sure we'll have a long and satisfying relationship.I don't think I'm going to introduce DH to Stanley just yet. There's the small matter of letting me use the router. DH is stingy with his toys and I'm not inclined to share until he does. We're adults after all and that's how adults act. LOL!

5 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Interesting weather isn't it? Warm, cold, warm, cold. I don't blame you for not wanting to share your new toy.

Autumn Leaves said...

Good golly but you do awesome work! Methinks biology isn't necessarily your first calling, darlin'. You are so neat! I don't think I've ever seen work this neat on any of those contracting shows you see on tv. And yay for you! Don't let him see your Stanley. He must earn his right to use your boy. Thank God for your mom too! I'm so glad she is there to help you! Any word on the interview yet?

Annie said...

Ever considered doing home renovations???

Every tool I buy for myself finds its way into Hubby's tool box and then disappears.

Unknown said...

Bless you Mom, you'll have to make her something extra special! Your moving right along, and everything is so neat and clean, my kind of woman! lol My hubby likes to supervise when I use his tools, he ends up doing it, which is fine with me, one way to get him to help! LOL We have snow in the forecast for Sat., can't believe it!

krueth said...

I have to agree with the posts' before me..Your work is so neat and clean...Wow! I dont' blame you for keeping stanley to yourself either....We are getting snow here again today, but heck, I live in northern Minnesota so we have to expect it yet, but dang, I want spring, and green grass and flowers and birds. LOL