Sunday, March 22, 2009

Away from the dust, dirt, and debris

DH came in and asked me if I knew the bush was blooming. Which bush? It's not like we only have one. So, I had to get out of here for a little bit today and see what was going on outside. He was talking about the magnolia. It has one lone bloom on it right now.The lilac bushes are blooming too and the snowball bush is beginning to put out leaves. I have paperwhites by the front door and they're beginning to bloom. This is the first time I've tried those and I love them.

How about some flower pictures? Red tulips in the front bed.Orange tulips in the same bed.The Redbud tree is just about to pop.Housewise, here's where we're at. This is the dining room window. The lathe is gone. Well, for the most part. If I can talk Mom into pulling nails tomorrow while I take down the rest of the living room lathe maybe we can go get insulation on Tuesday and get it put up on Wednesday. This has been the fast part of the process. It's a whole lot easier to tear stuff up than it is to put it back together.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It looks like it is going super well though, Joy. I am amazed at how awesome that wood looks for it being an older home too! Great job!

Annie said...

You may need to help me with my house so I can come help you with yours!

Laurel's favorite flowers are tulips. She loves the peach ones.

Unknown said...

Glad you took a little break, much needed! Love the flower shots!

krueth said...

Wow! You are doing wonderfully on your remodel. Love the flowers..up here in northern Minnesota we have snow on the ground and now rain and we are flooding horribly...I WANT SUMMER and FLOWERS..ha

SchnauzerMom said...

Beautiful flowers! Tearing things up is a lot more fun than fixing things.

plain*worker*primitives said...

Oh! what goregous flower pics!!! thanks for sharing :)
melissa

Amy Ellen said...

Looks like it is going well although I am sure it is an amazing amount of work. The flowers are lovely.
Hugs
Amy