Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Moving out the furniture

Firstly, I want to thank you for the well-wishes on the job front. I do appreciate it. You folks are the best. :)

On to the nitty-gritty. So far Mom and I took two loads of furniture to storage. It doesn't sound like much until you unload 8 dining chairs, a sofa table, a little bench, and an ottoman. I even unloaded a bookcase on my mom. So far so good. We still have the recliner, rocker, dining table, sofa, entertainment center and TV to move. Rather than wrestle the buffet, we're shoving it into the kitchen and moving the kitchen table. Trust me, the table is lighter.

Annie wanted pictures so here are a couple of old ones. Unfortunately, this is the biggest I can find. I'm sure somewhere I have the originals, but not handy. These were taken while we were moving in.

There are two of these, one on either side. Rough cut lumber must be cheap because they used it for everything. The shelves face the dining room. These are leaving. Bye! Bye!There is a 9-foot ceiling hiding under this in the dining room. Again, rough cut lumber. Adios!This is taken from the living room looking towards the dining room. Now you can see the shelf things. Be gone!This is looking toward the south wall of the living room. At one point there was a real fireplace and probably bookcases on either side. Now a very large fake fireplace and the windows are all that remain. The fireplace stays, but is getting a facelift. DH is having a small stroke over it, but he'll be okay. These rooms together measure 33-1/2 feet long x 13 feet wide.

Right now the plan is to get the rest of the furniture out tonight and tomorrow. Thursday I'll start gathering my tools of destruction and get DH settled into the man-den. I'd really like to inflict my first wound on Friday.

Are you interested in during pictures or just after pictures?

8 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

During pictures would be cool. Then we could watch the whole process! Good luck with it.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my! Your energy leaves me gasping for breath! I can't wait to see in progress and end result. Maybe next you can come stay with me a bit?????

Danetta said...

Absolutely bring on the during pictures. Maybe it will motivate me to finish painting my house.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

OH - during pictures - for sure. I love to see the process.

And I wish you luck and sanity during the remodeling. We had carpet put in four rooms last summer and it was about all I could take - don't think I'd ever attempt a make-over of two whole rooms. Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

Definitely do the progress photos...those are always great and informative.

krueth said...

I am a lurker, but love your blog..Please give us during pictures also....I am envious of you re-doing your rooms...I have a high ceiling under my dining room and would love to just tear into it one day...Hmmm! Just might do that soon...LOL

Unknown said...

I vote for during pics too, I love to follow along. I'm a fan of those built in bookcases, hate to see them go, they are probably period to the house plus they add charm and a place to show off goodies. Just my 2 cents!

Annie said...

Oh, I'm sorry to see the shelves go, too. I thought they were really nice with all your glass displayed on them.

I'd love during pictures. Do you still post to your home renovation blog? I lost track of it.