Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm fresh out of cheeks

I'm home again, but just until tonight. We got the in-laws settled into the nursing home. He'll be 83 in July and she'll be 85 in November.

Here they are in all their glory. FIL is tickled pink to finally be out of the hospital after 11 days. MIL is trying to come up with the next ugly thing to say. Hence, the I'm out of cheeks title. I've turned the other cheek so much that my neck hurts and my cheeks are chapped. She's enough to break your spirit and make you give up.So to soothe my wounded cheeks I stopped at Hobby Lobby. A lot. Many times over the course of three days. My cheeks now feel better and my pocket book isn't terribly broke. Let's just say I love their 80% off decorative accessories aisle. Did you know they have all garden stuff 50% off as well? Just thought you'd like to know.

Here's what Spring in Eastern New Mexico looks like.If the 50 mph wind wasn't bad enough, the sand and dirt blowing around just makes it that much better. At one point you couldn't see across the road the dirt was so thick. I don't miss this a bit.The only good thing about the wind was my gas mileage coming home. I averaged 56 miles per gallon until Shamrock.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and with luck I'll see you Monday.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds a lot like driving home this evening, although I didn't do quite so well on gas mileage.

Your MIL must be my mother's long-lost sister.

Unknown said...

Sending tons of lotion for those chapped cheeks, lots of hugs for you wonderful soul, and wishes that you have a refreshing weekend to renew your soul!!!

sweetiepie said...

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your MIL. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it can be when they say hurtful things.

Take care.

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad there was a Hobby Lobby near by to help you out. I know what Spring is like in Eastern NM, dust, dust, dust.

Amy Ellen said...

Sorry for your troubles. I can relate going to Hobby Lobby always makes me feel better, LOL.
Hugs
Amy

Saska said...

I hit HL's sale's too.

Sorry about your MIL--she must be related to a few relatives that I know.
Hope you get to stay home for awhile.

plain*worker*primitives said...

I am so sorry about your MIL. I know how it can be to be on the receiving end of a hurtful comment. Good for you to turn the other cheek though, hugs! Have a great week!
Melissa