Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The night tempers flared

DH and I had our first big tussle of the remodel last night. It was bound to happen sooner or later although later would have been better. We've had a few minor skirmishes along, but this was a dandy.

Hanging sheet rock on the ceiling is hard work and it's not any easier when the guy you're working with has to stop and admire each and every screw he puts in. Just get the danged things in so I can feel my arms again.

Unfortunately, tempers flared when he opened his mouth and said some pretty ugly things. I didn't make it any better when I threw the tape measure at him and hit him. Definitely not one of my finer moments. We had to go to our respective corners and calm down before continuing.

In the end we kissed, apologized to each other for being asses, and finished for the night.

The first thing I did today was call about a sheet rock lift. I picked it up and for $30 a day it's going to be a big help. DH says he's signing me up for a ball team.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I've thrown a few things during some "passionate" arguments. Maybe we can start our own softball team.

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad you kissed and made up. Tempers do get short when you're tired.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh boy. Why do I suspect DH deserved it? LOL Glad you made up too, darlin'. I thought you were going to leave the plaster on the ceiling? What changed? The glue spots?

Unknown said...

It was bound to happen, indeed! It's hard remodeling with a spouse, so glad you got the lifter!

Saska said...

Sooo....how far are you today?