Monday, March 16, 2009

Okey Dokey

I had my interview this morning. I have to admit I was intimidated to be seated across from two chemist and an engineer. I think I did okay. There are 13 other people wanting this job. I'll either get a letter or a phone call. It's not in my hands.

I dropped by the permits office to see about a remodel permit. We don't need one. Hooray!

We decided to save money and forget the dumpster. It's crazy. $65 to set it, $2 a day, and $365 to dump it assuming it doesn't weigh more than 5 tons. No thanks. Our other option is load it up in the pickup and take it to the dump and pay by weight.

I rented a storage unit and DH is going to help me get the furniture moved out before Thursday so he can go fishing this weekend.

While he's fishing, I'm tearing down the house.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Tearing up the house sounds like fun. Will you have before and after pics??

Danetta said...

Good morning. I like you green polkadots! Good luck on the job and tearing down the house.

ReRe said...

fingers crossed!!!!

Saska said...

Hope the job works out. It's hard finding one in this area.

Autumn Leaves said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers for this job. And happy remodeling, darlin'!

SchnauzerMom said...

Will he be able to find the house when he comes home?

Unknown said...

Don't tell me your hubby is not going to help you? I envy you the fun of remodeling, making it your own. That's crazy about the dumpster!