Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I regularly read Julie's posts at Another Chance Ranch. This week when I saw she was doing Thankful Thursday I decided to join.

I always try to be thankful for my many blessings, but as a human I often forget how fortunate I really am.

Today I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to go to college.

I realize I grumble about homework, fellow students, and professors, but I truly am grateful. My parents didn't attend college and neither have my siblings. At 41-years-old, I will be the first of my mother's children to graduate from college.

I'm also grateful that when I graduate in May we won't have a gazillion dollars in student loans to pay back. We've paid for it all ourselves and I've taken classes as we could afford them. It's taken me longer to get to the end, but it's going to be worth it in so many ways.

I'm grateful for my husband. Without his support I would have never made it this far.

Run over to Another Chance Ranch and see what other bloggers are thankful for.

6 comments:

Tera said...

I always complain that I got my degree for nothing (I am now a SAHM), but really, I am so proud I can consider myself a college graduate. You will be as well. keep up the good work. It isn't easy, but it's worth it in the end!

Jeanette said...

I went to college when I was 40 years old. I loved it, even though I am no longer doing the work I got my degree in. I think I just went back to prove I still had a brain! Ended up with a solid 4.0 GPA.

Unknown said...

I love this idea, I'm gonna join in too!

Alison said...

that is truly wonderful!! I am so happy for you, and proud of you. this is truly an accomplishment!!! congratulations!!

tj said...

...Hello Aunt Jo, you go girl! :o) What an accomplishment! Oh and by the way, 40 is the new 30... ;o)

...Love the new look too! You did this all on your own? It looks like you commissioned someone with graphics knowledge to do it - very professional! Gosh, there are so many things to you that we've yet to learn!

...Blessings... :o)

Jen said...

I am so grateful that I am able to attend college, as well. I think since I came back to school when I found out I was going to be a mom, I have a different motivation than some of the younger college students (although I'm only a few years older than them). I'm grateful that I'm receiving education, and learning about different places, ideals, and concepts!