Saturday, March 1, 2008

Linen corner














I had a small spurt of decorating inspiration this morning.

With the wringer attached to the washtub, we now have a place for vintage aprons and a washboard. I'm not sure I'll have room for the ironing board, assuming I ever find it.

Sadly or gladly, depending on whether or not you're doing the laundry, I found another box with runners, doilies, embroidered items, and flour sacks. I found the rug beaters that started the whole search, but they'll be show-n-tell another time.

I had found 2 yards of blue ticking patterned fabric a while back. I washed it before noticing a couple of stained spots which didn't come out. Right now it's in a bucket being tea stained. I hope to make curtains out of it.

3 comments:

Annie said...

You have such cool stuff!

Aunt Jo said...

Thanks Annie.

I rather have old and used over new any day.

Lots of my junk was handed down from my granny.

Annie said...

That makes it even better. I missed a lot of the handed-down stuff, darn it!