Monday, October 22, 2007

New trash can



















I love enamel items. I have an old chamber pot that belonged to my grandparents that I use as a trash can in my bathroom along with a child's chamber pot and a bedpan that I have sitting on a shelf. My favorite is black and white although if I really like the piece I'll take red and white.

I happened into the antique store today and came home with this lovely for $5. This enamel ware piece is 15-1/2 inches tall and 10-1/2 inches in diameter. It's seen better days, poor thing. There are a couple of places where the enamel has chipped away and there's a small hole in the bottom, but nothing that would prevent it's use.

I've got the perfect place for it next to my sewing machine. Surely I can hit this with those little snips of thread and clips of fabric.

So, does anyone have an idea of what it's original use might have been? Let me know.

No comments: