Friday, June 13, 2008

Is it Friday already?

Wow! This week blew by in a hurry.

Guess how much sewing I've done. Go ahead, guess. Zero. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I've only been downstairs long enough to empty the dehumidifier and come back up.

Mom and I toodled off to an estate sale this morning. I didn't buy anything. Ha! I had you there for a minute didn't I. Of course I bought stuff.

This hand-quilted lap quilt. Double-sided no less. $5.

4 yards of 60 inch blue toile for $2.
More glassware. $4 for the big pink bowl, 10 cents for the pink saucer, 25 cents each for the clear bowls, and $2 for the oblong pink dish.
Does anyone recognize this pattern?
These two little saucers were 10 cents each.
I picked up three gingham aprons with chicken scratch on them too, but they're in the wash right now.

That's it except for the little dish I picked up for Mom. We had child behavior problems and so she took the monsters to the car and she missed the sale. Rotten brats.

Tomorrow, we conquer the fabric store.

3 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Wow, great finds! I especially love the lap quilt. I love garage sales.

Danetta said...

No wonder you didn't get any sewing done. Nice catch!

SchnauzerMom said...

Great stuff! I love that sail boat quilt. I have that pattern in a book, I may make it some day when I get "around to it." When I finish all my other stuff.