Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wool bag

I bought an extra large 96% lambs wool sweater at the thrift shop the other day for $1 and managed to felt it without too much trouble on my first try.

I decided to try my hand at bag making. I had planned to give it as a gift if it worked out, but my sister snatched it up and has laid claim. I'll just have to try another one.



















The body of the bag is the body of the sweater and the handles are made out of one of the sleeves.I lined it with a dark blue cotton since that happened to be on top of the pile.

I was tickled that my Pfaff sewed right through it without any problem. I was afraid it might be too thick.

3 comments:

Annie said...

OK, I bite... how do you felt wool?

Aunt Jo said...

Throw it in the washer with hot water and then pop it in the dryer. It shrinks like crazy.You can cut it and it won't fray.

Annie said...

I read where you had wool in the washer. I wondered what you were up to!