Saturday, November 3, 2007

Known by the company you keep

I've been in an online funk lately due to one of the boards where I was a member.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to be associated with those people. They're rude and hateful. A favorite past time is running other fine people in the ground and picking fights. I wouldn't want other people I 'know'on the internet to think I was also rude and hateful by my association with them.

I prefer to hang out with people like HerbalAnnie, NancyJo, Sue, Humble Origins, and the like. They are ladies that I'm proud to be associated with. I want friends that will lift me up and be lifted, rather than drag me down into the muck where they wallow.

Yes, it's time to do a little online pruning and only associate myself with those who are worth the association.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I'm the Sue your referring too, but I hope so! And I totally know what you mean, I use to belong to a few email groups that started out just fine and dandy, but as the numbers grew so did the rudeness and spats, just wasn't worth my time! So now, I'm only blogging and am a farmgirl where there has been No fuss in the 2 yrs. since I've been there, it's really like a second home, and were SO glad you joined us Jo!

Aunt Jo said...

Of course it was you! You're one of the sweetest people I've met online.

Less online time has done wonders for my disposition and I don't plan on going back.

Annie said...

I am honored to be included in your cool list! I still read your journal posts (and Schnauzermom's) at the other place, but that's about it for that site.

I admire all that you get accomplished and still have time to post about it. You're my hero, lady!

Aunt Jo said...

Awe! Thank you.

Truth be told, I'm sure I should be doing other things and making better use of my time. Some days though, I just don't have it in me.