Thursday, November 8, 2007

Frugal shopping day

I didn't have lab this afternoon because I've been a good 'kid' all semester and haven't missed any classes. I chose to spend my free afternoon hunting and pecking through the thrift and antique stores.

I found 2 yards of fabric for a shockingly low price at the antique store. It seemed very familiar and I finally figured out my granny had an apron out of this very same fabric. Wow, that makes it at least 30 years old if not older.

I get such a kick out of the antique stores. I've probably got 90% of the stuff they call vintage and it was new when I was a kid. Either I'm getting old or antique/vintage items are younger than they use to be.

I found a 100% wool hounds tooth dress for $1 at the thrift store. It has snap pockets and I hope when it's felted they retain their shape, only smaller.

At the really yucky thrift store I found a couple of 50s style print tablecloths for 50 cents a piece. I'm not sure why I decided I needed those, but they followed me home anyway.

I'll take a picture of the fabric and post it. I'd be interested to see if anyone else remembers it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day! I'd pick up those vintage table cloths just for the price, they can always come in handy for something! Can't wait to see a photo!

Aunt Jo said...

You just can't beat a 50 cent anything anymore. I'm not sure what I'll do with these, but I'm sure I'll think of something.