Monday, August 25, 2008

Where does the time go?

Let's see. This weekend was the city-wide garage sale. I have to admit it was disappointing. I didn't find much of anything at all. Well, at least nothing I was really looking for anyway.
Out of 40 sales, this is all I bought. How sad. I think I may pass next year.

Here's what I ended up doing with my dressed up sunflowers. The basket and leaves are thrift store finds. The cat-tails were cut from the local fishing hole a couple of years ago and dried. The rust flowers were $1 from the dollar store. For very little money I've got a new centerpiece for the dining table.

I'm working on some stuff for September. Does anybody know what September is?

6 comments:

Annie said...

I do!

tj said...

...Yep! It's the month between August and October...*giggle*snort*... :oD

...Love the centerpiece Jo! You do flower arranging too? Very pretty and nicely done! :o)

...It doesn't look like you did too bad at the sale. I like the white bowl, is that graniteware?

...Love those lanterns too...

...Blessings... :o)

SchnauzerMom said...

You did pretty good at the garage sales, better than I usually do.

Unknown said...

Not too shabby! The centerpiece is great, your styling for fall girl!

plain*worker*primitives said...

Oh!! I just love that sunflower basket! I also like your spoons and metal spatula, sorry you didn't find too much else!

Take care,
melissa

Unknown said...

September is Back to School month, my daugther's birthday month, National Curtesy Month, National Emergency Care Month, the 3rd Anniversary of Katrina, the 7th anniversary of 9-11, the month in which the new television season line-up starts, National Preparedness Month, NAtional Cholesterol Education Month, NAtional Food Safety Education Month, National Chicken Month (Really..we need to let April Showers know that), and many other obscure observations...Love the flower basket.