I'm about to start on a new adventure and need some side-bar space. See that canning nonsense over yonder on the left? It's about to go poof!
What I managed to get canned in 2008, though not nearly enough.
* Beef & veggie soup - 8 qts + 10 pints
* Beef soup base - 4 qts
* Black-eyed peas - 19 pints
* Bread and Butter pickles - 8 pints
* Chicken & Rice soup - 12 qts + 12 pints
* Cinnamon pickles - 10 pints
* Corn - 21 pints
* Green beans - 28 pints
* Green chili stew - 36 pints
* Peach jam - 17 half-pints
* Pickled okra - 6 pints
* Pickled peppers - 1 x 12 ounces
* Pinto beans - 7 quarts
* Purple hull peas - 15 pints
* Salsa - 4 x 12 ounces
* Spiced peaches - 2 quarts
* Strawberry jam - 12 half-pints
* Tomatoes - 6 half-pints
Let's see, 33 quarts, 165 pints, 35 half-pints, and 5 x 12 ounce jars.