Friday, August 15, 2008

Beef Stew

It's been cloudy and overcast most of the day. This is the kind of day that makes you think about Fall, turning leaves, hot chocolate, and snuggling.

In honor of the weather I made beef stew to can. DH is a lucky duck since he got beef stew for lunch. He shakes his head at my canning, but loves lunch time on the days I'm cranking out soup or stew. This is the first two canner loads.

Day before yesterday I made my granny's yeast bread recipe. Granny is a hard act to follow. It turned out okay, but next time I'll let it rise one more time.

I haven't worked on the quilt top any more. I'm one row away from being done. Instead, I've been sitting on my backside reading. I don't have a lot of time left to work on it so I'd better get busy and finish.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday.

No comments: