Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tea-dyed quilt top

Here it is.
The effect is subtle until you plop a piece of undyed background on there. Then, you can really tell the difference. I prefer the muddy look as opposed to the glaring white.I have no idea when I'll get this quilted. The fall semester started today and I have homework and tests again.

We're still waiting to find out the sex of the baby so I'll know what to do for a baby quilt. She had an ultrasound Monday, but the baby had it's legs crossed. She goes back in two weeks. I'm thinking about doing Card Trick for the pattern. We'll see.

6 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Wow, pretty, pretty, pretty! Card tricks would be a cute baby quilt. I made a red, white and blue card tricks quilt a while back.

Annie said...

I agree with SM. The tea gave it a nice patina.

Oh, there was a card trick variation on one of my quilting magazine covers a few months ago that I though was really slick lookin'. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

Unknown said...

I wanna be you when I grow up. I am just a beginner and a quilter with a confidence problem, but will work on that, plus I need a new machine...I have been sewing on just the arm of my machine because the arm plate got "broken somehow" according to the residents of my house!!! I love your work! Can't wait to see more. I too, love the tea dyed look and use other things to dye fabric as well as tea...I use dandelions, bark, and strong espresso among other things. My Mom developed a flax program in Virginia Beach at the Francis LAnd House and she only used the traditional ways to dye the fabric that they made from the flax that they grew in the program.

Unknown said...

You got talent! I thought you were done with school, did I miss something?

tj said...

...Love the tea dyed look! That quilt is beautiful Jo, I can't wait to see it when it is finished...

...I can't keep up with you over here girl! I just noticed the sunflowers that you did - how cute are those?! ;o)

...I'm gonna be featuring your apron here soon - I'll let you know when I do...

...Have a great weekend and blessings too... :o)

plain*worker*primitives said...

Yep, love the tea dyed look too, for me the grungier the better!

Take care,
melissa