Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm ready

Yesterday's vacuuming in the craft room turned into a full-blown cleaning. It's so nice to go in and not see a mound of fabric, a pile of papers, and have to worry about the stray straight pin.

Actual room to sew, a place to write notes and a handy dandy calendar.
This was the biggest dumping spot in the whole room. I haven't used this machine as much lately and it became a catch-all. Now I can see it and maybe even use it. I laid out a project so I wouldn't lose it.

Six more projects gathered up and put on the old ironing board so I don't lose them. I sure seem to lose a bunch of stuff when I'm crafting.

I'm going to challenge myself to use what I have and where possible use thrifted items. I really want some new fabric and the only way I can justify it is to use up what I have on hand. My stash isn't as large as what some people have, but I'm tired of it and it needs turned over.

So, who's with me? Sandra says she's going to give it a shot. I happen to know somebody that just bought a ton of fabric and wonder if she might play too.

Do what you can do and have fun. Set your own personal goals and share with us what you create.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm cleaning around getting ready to join intomorrow...September the sewing month...plan to sew some every day!

Aunt Jo said...

Good for you. I look forward to your creations.

Annie said...

Gee, I wonder who that person is who bought all that fabric.....

I've actually been sewing today!!!

Sandra :) said...

I bet Bella will be making some PINK stuff!!

I'm all set for tomorrow - first project up is a new knitting needle holder (birthday gift) because the first one I made is too small, lol. Perfect, but too small!

Your fabric is intriguing, Aunt Jo - I look forward to seeing what you post :)

Unknown said...

Looks good to me! I love the old ironing board, I want one!