Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Putting the floor before the walls

I had to make an executive decision about the order of operations around here.

DH is ready to hang the sheet rock on the wall next to the old floor furnace, but we have to fix the floor first or risk tearing up the wall getting it in. Ditto the other spots that need floor boards.

I ended up on a flooring hunt that required two trips to OKC because a man told me it wouldn't fit in the trunk and I stupidly believed him. Don't ask. I blame it on the allergy medicine. However, the nice lady knocked $1 a foot off the price for my trouble.

Here is 19 sq feet of quarter sawn red oak flooring. Half-pint, the 20 pound cat, has given her approval. She latches on to anything new brought in and has to give it her approval. She's a control freak that way.Here's the big hole again. We had to drop the furnace unit and rebuild the subfloor so we'd have a place to put the new floor boards.This is what it looks like in place. I managed to get three boards in before I gave out. This is a job for DH. I love to delegate. :)
Tonight we hope to get the floor in and hang a couple of sheets of sheet rock. I'm so ready to have walls again.

In other news, the window treatments for the windows flanking the fireplace came and I can't wait to put them up.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday.

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I can't wait to see everything finished. Your home is beautiful!

SchnauzerMom said...

Moving right along there. I'm glad the kitty has given her approval.

Unknown said...

Final stretch of the marathon. I know you must be so very excited.

Danetta said...

This "little" project of yours is coming right along. I can't wait to see the finished look. I also love your new header picture.

Annie said...

How did you learn to do all this? I'd be standing in the middle of the room, hands on hips, eyes glazed over, wondering who to call to fix it.

Unknown said...

Your having way too much fun! lol