Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm either incredibly brave or unbelievably stupid

I fixed the floor. I can't believe it blended in so well.

I sanded the whole floor with 220 grit and went over it with a tack cloth.

Then I got the palm sander with 150 grit on it and went to town on the shiny spot. I checked every couple of seconds to make sure I wasn't sanding it down too far.

I crossed my fingers, applied the next coat of poly, and walked away. I really thought I'd be able to see it once it started drying. It turned out perfectly.

Unfortunately, everything else I touched today turned into manure. That's okay though. I need a little fertilizer for the perky posies I'll have tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I knew you'd fix it, way to go!

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted.

Annie said...

Yay!

I want to hear the manure stories.

AutumnLeaves said...

Way to make that correction work! I figured you would make it look beautiful! Good job!