Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dear God,

Thank you for letting me keep my husband just a little longer.

Amen.

~~~~~~~~

DH was using a pressure washer to clean the floor in the cutting room and somebody shut the door that was being used for ventilation without him knowing it. He continued to work for almost 2 hours in a room filling with gas fumes and carbon monoxide until he collapsed from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Naturally one wonders why he didn't get out sooner. He can't smell gasoline or much of anything for that matter due to a damaged 8th cranial nerve and didn't realize how bad it was.

When I got there he didn't know who I was or what his name was and this was an improvement over when they found him. He still couldn't sit in a chair or hold his head up by himself.

He spent a couple of hours in the ER receiving oxygen and fluids. We just got home and he’s doing okay other than a killer headache. Tomorrow he's going to lay around and recover if I have to tie him down.

I nearly lost my husband tonight. Selfishly, I'm not ready to let him go.

I'm going to go take a shower and finally cry.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to give him up! Prayers for his speedy recovery are coming....

Beemoosie said...

Oh Jo, I got goosebumps reading that. I am SO glad your husband his home safe with you. God is good.

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Oh my gosh!! A angel was watching over him, so glad he's ok and home! I agree, God is good!

tj said...

...Oh Jo, my heart goes out to you! What a blessing that he was found when he was... Angels do watch over us don't they?

...My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep us posted on his recovery and take care of yourself too!

...Blessings... :o)