Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spiced peaches and other fun stuff

DH and I have to leave town tomorrow for a funeral on Friday and I've spent the afternoon trying to get this produce done up into something yummy before I lose it.

I had enough peaches to do two quarts of spiced peaches plus two little bowls for snarfing.

I used the tomatoes and made four 12 ounces jars of salsa. Have you seen the new quilted jelly jars that hold 12 ounces? They are so pretty.

I got 15 pints of purple hull peas. They look so yummy.

There was enough okra for 2 more pints of pickled okra and just enough banana peppers for a jar of pickled peppers.

I hate that I'm going to miss the farmer's market on Friday and Saturday, but it can't be helped. Maybe they won't have anything good.

6 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Wow sounds like there are a lot of good eats at your house!

Saska said...

Sorry about the funeral.

The peaches look great!
Quilted Jelly Jars?

Man it's HOT! Can you make it rain while you're gone?!

tj said...

...Wow, are'nt you the busy lil' canning bee?! ;o)

...I'm sorry to hear of the funeral, I hope this wasn't immediate family or a best friend. Drive safe and our thoughts and prayers are with ya's...

...Blessings... :o)

tj said...

...oops, that's "aren't"...yeah, I'm picky like that. ;o)

Unknown said...

Sorry about the funeral! Those peaches look yummy! Where did you find the quilted jars? I bet they are pretty, esp. filled!

plain*worker*primitives said...

Those peaches look so yummy!