Friday, November 28, 2008

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas

In lieu of the insanely early Black Friday madness, I slept late and stayed home most of the day tinkering with my toys. I'm not a decorator and don't play one on the Internet.

The mantle arrangement is a bunch of wooden spools, a little bit of velum, package garland, and battery operated tea lights. I stole this one from my mom. She did the same thing on her TV cabinet. Very cute.Every year I buy us each a new ornament. DH always seems to get Santa fishing.This is what I ended up with on the treadle. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it yet. Since taking this picture I put the rest of the package garland around the base of the hurricaine.
This bucket came from the inlaws. I don't remember where they had it in the house, but I thought it would look okay holding fake poinsettias.
My favorite this year. The candle holder is an old lamp shade made out of heavy glass. The runner is old and smells like starch. Well it should, I starched it. LOL! This mess is sitting on my $2 coffee table (an old tool chest from a garage sale nearly 15 years ago).
Another decoration from years past. I'm not sure if this is one I got for DH or for myself.
Have you started decorating?

5 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

I love your decorations, very pretty! We put up our tree the day before Thanksgiving.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

We have started - got all the decorations out - Don is putting up the trees - one for our traditional decorations - one for teddy bear ornaments only. We'll get them decorated and all the other things set out over the weekend - outdoor decorations go up next weekend.

I love your decorations - so homey and cozy feeling - you have a good eye for arrangements.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hi Jo,
I had a date afternoon with hubby yesterday. Today I'll finish putting up the Thanksgiving decorations, clean a little, and open the first box of Christmas things.

Blessings!
Laura

sweetiepie said...

My outdoor lighting is done but I haven't done a thing indoors. Maybe tomorrow or next week.

Annie said...

Haven't started decorating yet.... not sure whether I'll hang the cats on the tree, or tie their tails together and use them for garland.