Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I have big onions

Did I get your attention? LOL. I have some onions given to us by a friend that weigh nearly 2 pounds each. That weight is in ounces.

The onion on the left is gigantic compared to the one on the right. I fixed one the other day with potatoes and it was so sweet. Yum!

Speaking of yum, I made my first peach jam of the year last Saturday. The tall jars in the back hold 12 ounces and the ones in the front are regular jelly jars. I haven't eaten any yet, but have heard it's pretty good.

I'm still hanging stuff on the walls. I have a collection of old hankies and rather than leave them in a drawer I wanted to display them. This brilliant idea came from Addicted 2 Decorating. I chose to display the blue hankies and have the others folded in the little area below. Now I need a bigger spoon holder.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Wednesday.

4 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Wow that's a whopper of an onion. I love onion in most things, not dessert, but most other things. The jelly looks great too.

Unknown said...

I heart onions more than anything in the world. If it was the last food left on earth, I might be happy...for a while.

The way you displayed your hankies is adorable...and the peach jam....yummo, now I want some.

Annie said...

Oh! So that's why you were looking for a spoon holder. I thought you collected, uh, spoons. Silly me. Should have known better! :)

Autumn Leaves said...

I love onions, especially cooked. I have to say that I really love the way you've displayed those old hankies. So ingenious!