I bought this star at Statuary World after Christmas. I didn't have any stars and though this one is kind of ugly it can be fixed. Oh yeah, it was cheap too.I sanded and sanded until I got all of the 'snow' removed and then sanded the whole thing again. Then I went over it with two coats of primer.
Next up were two coats of Leather Brown paint.
I used a heavy coat of Plasti-Kote Cracklin' finish top coat and ended up with this. I'm debating using another light coat of the finish to see if I can get some bigger crackles.
For a couple of cans of spray paint and cheap star I think it turned out okay.