Monday, January 26, 2009

Cold enough to freeze your buds off

Here we have our Bradford Pear tree. See those cute little buds? They're just frozen little budcicles now. It's been so warm several of my trees and shrubs thought it must be Spring and decided to wake up.

We're under the same weather advisory as every other Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas blogger out there. It's cold and slick. I got out long enough to determine that there were way too many stupid people out and decided to come home. I'm not sure why drivers think really giving it the gas is going to get the car to move any better, especially on black ice.

Weight Watchers was canceled for tonight. Our leader comes from 30 miles away and I can't say that I blame him a bit. I was looking forward to the meeting though. I did really good last week and wanted to see my loss. I think I need that little pat on the head and that-a-girl. Oh well, next week should be really good. I hope.

On that note. I can now pull my size (humongous) jeans up and down without unbuttoning or unzipping. Something must be working.

I hope everyone has a warm and safe week.

7 comments:

ReRe said...

smart staying in. i'm in too. it took me 2 hours to get home from work (OKC to Norman). i don't plan leaving again until Wednesday! hahahaha

SchnauzerMom said...

We were sent home early from work. We probably won't go in tomorrow.

I'll pat you on the head, "that-a-girl!"

Unknown said...

way to go...I can do the same thing and I giggle every time.

Marlene

cj'sboutique said...

From a former WW leader, here is your pat on the back, WAY TO GO, and keep up the good work :-)

Annie said...

Congratulations! Ala and I are renewed in our efforts. Evenings are the worst.

Unknown said...

Were iced in here, gonna be home for a couple of days at least, it's still sleeting! If we don't loose power I'll be organizing my craft room and starting a apron! :)

Danetta said...

I'll pat you on the back too - good job! I love the picture of the buds and what looks like fog.