Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wow! Time flies when you're avoiding your blog. I haven't really been avoiding it, but I sure haven't had a lot to say.

Let's see. I went on a two week reading binge and read 27 library books. I think I'm all read-out so maybe they won't need to take my library card away from me.

Then I kind of got sucked into watching television. I was doing so good too. I normally only watched two shows a week and the rest of the time I was busy doing stuff. Now I'm finding myself sitting on my tush glued to the tube. Bad stuff. I'm working on it. Right after the Project Runway finale tonight. Yep. That's my story.

Other than that, absolutely nothing fun is going on.

DH went deer hunting and didn't have any luck. Part of me is really glad because it makes more work for me and part is sad because I know he enjoys it. He's going back this weekend and trying it again before muzzle load and rifle seasons start.

The rest of the year is going to be busy. I'm a homebody and don't like being gone much. That said, I'm going to NM in two weeks with Mom, once in November with DH for the baby shower, and once in December for the family Christmas. I really kind of dread the November and December trips just because of family stuff right now.

The weather has turned off cooler and I love it. It's officially snuggling weather. We've had rain the last three days and it's been delightful. I think I'm ready for winter weather.

Like almost every other household I can think of, the economy and government shenanigans have me worried. I thought I had my presidential candidate picked out, but the longer it goes the less I like the candidates. And that's as political as it's going to get here, from me, on this date.

Okay, I guess that's it. I've got to go get dinner started. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather and is doing well.

8 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm loving the cooler weather too!

plain*worker*primitives said...

Oh I know what you mean about being away from your blog...I have too! I wanted to stop by and say hello, you sure have been busy!

xo
melissa

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back, missed ya! I'm loving this snuggle weather too! You do sound busy, were all due for some down time now and again. Take care!

Jean Warner said...

27 books. Wow. Only onther person I know who has done that is recent weeks is my younger step-daughter - but she is in bed recovering from major surgery! :-)

Glad you are back.

The cooler weather IS nice, isn't it!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Aunt Jo,
Wow 27 books, that is a lot. I read everyday, but I think you you win!!
Your Fall flowers looked so pretty on your other post. I love the colors this time of year.
NANCY JO

Annie said...

Laurel is a book-a-holic and brings home loads of books every library trip. I bring home one, and recheck it three times before I get it finished.

My winders are open and my sniffer is stuffy, but the dial on my utility pole isn't spinning, and that makes me very happy!!

CLU said...

I go on book binges too. No cooking, cleaning or interacting. Just reading. Then back to real life! Good for you. PR finale was great, huh? Sad for it to be done.

Unknown said...

I miss you...I hope all is well. Sending you big hugs!!!

Marlene