Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!


Shh! I think I'm back in action.

I've decided I can't let my FIL run/ruin my life because he wants to be unhappy in his last years. That's what it all boils down to. He's unhappy and he wants the rest of us to join in his misery. NO THANKS!

Tomorrow I'm decorating the front porch. It's time we got a little Autumn spirit going on around this joint. I have a brand-new old leaf rake, some pumpkins, an old chair, and bronze mums. I'll bet I can scrounge up some more junk if I need it.

After two years of the life-size scarecrow scaring my mail lady, I'm doing something different. Sadly, Uncle Albert bit the dust in the garage over the winter. I think I ran over part of him. Whoops!

I hope everyone is off to a great start in October. I'm sure giving it a shot.

7 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwww Happy October - I'm glad your mood has lifted - I hope you'll post a picture of your autumn porch decorating!! RIP Uncle Albert! ;)

sweetiepie said...

It's nice to see you back. I can't wait to see a pic of your decorated front porch. Just remember to keep smiling.

Danetta said...

I smiled when I saw that you had posted this morning! You can't change other people (sometimes I wish I could) and they can't change you (I am glad they can't). Good to see you back. Now go sign up for my giveaway. :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Welcome back my dear - I was so happy to see your blog pop up this morning. Sometimes it just takes us a while to right ourselves when someone is trying to tip us over. Keep on keepin' on - and enjoy your decorating. Sorry to hear about "Uncle Albert" LOL

Unknown said...

You always make me smile and I missed you as well. I can not wait to see your decorations for the porch. Poor Uncle Albert! We're so sorry, Uncle Albert...isn't that a Beatles Song?

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad that you're feeling back up to snuff. People who are miserable usually want everyone around them to be miserable too and we can't let that happen.

Unknown said...

So glad your back and you have the right way of handling it, your FIL should only want happiness for his family, if not for himself. I hope it gets better soon. Happy Fall!