Sunday, October 14, 2012

Burlap lampshade for Day 14

This one is kind of embarrassing. I've put this project off for just over 3 years for no apparent reason. Shame on me.

My finish for day 14 is a burlap lampshade. It was a piece of cake to finish and now DH thinks I need to do the other  one in the room as well. We'll see.

Check the 31 days tab for more information

In other news, I mastered the miter saw. Not the little yellow box with a hand saw. No, the big honkin' thing that could take your hand off without missing a beat.

Mom asked me if DH could cut a rolling pin for her and I told her he would. But, DH pulled a disappearing act while I went to fetch the rolling pin so I thought I'd try it myself.

I'm not intimidated by too many power tools, but the table saw and the miter saw would be the two that do it for me. Honestly, it took me longer to figure out how to raise the blade (there's a little pin holding the arm down) than it did to make two cuts. Poor rolling pin. I love rolling pins of any kind, shape, and size and I have to admit it might have hurt a little bit to cut it.

Well, I'd better hit the tub and get ready for work tomorrow. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.



1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Impressive - the lampshade and the mastering the saw. We had one (belongs to our son-in-law) here one time and we had to finally call him to find out how to raise the blade. Those things are so scary.

I want to put nautical charts on the lampshades in the living room - never knew how to do it - think I'll try that rolling it along and making a mark to cut on - wish me luck.