Sunday, December 9, 2007

My number one fan
















Meet L.T.(Little Tigger). She's named after her father, Tigger, who she resembles right down to the mustache mark on her face. This is her new bed. She loves sleeping in baskets and most cat beds are too small so we went with a doggie bed. Shhh! Don't tell her.

She was born in February of 2001 and came to live with me at the beginning of April, along with her half-sister/cousin. That's a story for another day.

From the beginning, she followed me everywhere. Two weeks after coming home with me, I stepped on her in the dark, tried to get off of her and tore the tendons in my foot. We were quite the pair. Her little foot was swollen to beat all and mine was black and blue. DH fished her out from under the bed and we sat in the chair with our feet up, commiserating with each other. She's been my number one fan ever since.

When the time came to spay the girls, she was so frightened of the cat carrier that she bit DH and tore up his arm trying to get away. She succeeded. DH came to my work and showed me what my cat had done to his poor hand and arm. He was bloody from fingertips to shoulder and his dress shirt was in shreds.

I managed to get her in the carrier and to the vet on time for her surgery without so much as a hiss or complaint. To this day, she has nothing to do with DH.

We almost lost her to pneumonia in December 2004, right after we moved from NM to OK. DH had insisted that we get the girls de-clawed since they would have to be indoor cats due to living in town. On the farm they went in and out as they pleased. I knew something was wrong a couple of days after the de-clawing and took her back to the vet. The vet said it was just allergies and she'd be okay. She just kept getting worse and worse and I finally had to find a new vet, in a new town, two days before Christmas. Once we got her treatment started it took almost two months for her to fully recover. She's been fit as a fiddle ever since.

She greets me first thing of a morning and waits for me to come in the door after class. Of the feline variety, she's my best friend.

I guess this is the long way of saying, "Here's my cat. We love each other."

No comments: