Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gone fishing

If you'd tried to find us Friday that's what the note on the door would have said. My husband has been through a lot lately and was sorely in need of a little fun so off we went. Here's the little bitty walleye he caught. Too little, throw him back.Here's the hybrid bass I caught. He was big enough to keep, but I'd rather not. In he went.This little guy came to visit my fishing line.DH is thinking hard about fishing..or something.Lots of Canada geese around the lake.What! That's not a fish, a dragonfly, or a goose.I spotted this fine fellow on the drive home from the lake. He/she was the second one I'd seen along the road. The first, sadly I didn't get a picture, was standing in a stock tank cooling off. DH said there was a smaller one under another tree, but I didn't see it.

Remember the raft? We took it and it does indeed float and is going to be a blast out at the creek. I'm looking forward to stalking the pelicans this fall.

We had a good day. DH laughed for the first time in a week and got to do a little fishing.

3 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Looks like you had a great time!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great photos - glad you had such a good time - it is always nice to get away from everything for a while.

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm so glad you two got a bit of a break and got out on the water! What lovely photos and it sure looks relaxing! I can't believe you caught a dragonfly so clearly in a photo. They never stop moving!