I've worked my tail off this week, but you sure can't tell it.
Monday I put a second coat of paint on all the walls. This is my accent wall and the adjoining wall in the living room. The darker wall is "Caramelized Onion" and the lighter wall is "Desert Fortress". Both colors by Valspar.
The ceiling isn't white. Instead I painted it "Riviera Dune" also by Valspar.
The dining room ceiling is also "Riviera Dune". The walls, oh the walls. I had fits. I tried "Desert Fortress" and it felt like a cave in there. I hated it. I just got rid of a cave and here I had another one. So, I ended up adding another pint of base to lighten it up so it's a lighter version of Desert Fortress. Tuesday we started putting the trim back up around windows. Why does nothing ever fit the same way? Riddle me that. We marked locations and which end was the top and still nothing wanted to go together right. I blame the humidity.
Here are the dining room windows. We just need to put on the final trim, caulk, prime and then paint. Here's the trim we had made. It's got a first coat of primer and is waiting to be cut and installed. I can't wait. My poor old window trim. It looks so sad. Nothing a ton of paint won't fix though. These windows will have plantation shutters.
In between sanding, scraping off silicone, and other remodeling chores, I've been playing with glass. These are going in the swinging door. Just wait and see how cute this is going to be.
The plan this weekend is to get the rest of the trim and doors up so I can paint. DH is shooting to be done by the middle of next week with his part. I want to be totally done by Friday so I can start cleaning house. We're running out of time.