Monday, September 10, 2012

Mirror, mirror, on my wall

I picked up this mirror at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. It once sat atop an old dresser that was long gone. I love the size and the shape. The finish was rough. I hate to paint perfectly good pieces, but this was a candidate for a little paint TLC.


I took off the back and the mirror is stamped January '20. I knew it was old, just not that old. I very carefully took the mirror out of the frame and cleaned it up good. I think the streaky imperfections are just right.

A coat of primer and a couple coats of black paint later I think it's gorgeous. I plan on putting it in my office.

Joy

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely reflection of your good work and good taste - it is a simply beautiful mirror.